Continuing on from last week, this week’s blog I will be giving you some helpful tips on what to do nine months and six months before your wedding,
- Try on wedding dresses at bridal shops – I would advise making appointments with the bridal shops as you will get their undivided attention and have the time to discuss and try on dresses.
- Finalise your Wedding Dress Choice and pay a deposit
- Check your passports are in date and if not, you have enough time to get a new one
- Organise your bridesmaid dresses and colours: have them ordered at this stage and should your bridesmaids not know each other, get them connected at this stage- arrange a girly night out or lunch date.
- Set up a Gift Registry: if you wish to do this, some couples have just purchased a house or will be moving into their new home: so a gift list works well in this case.
- On the other hand, some couples prefer cash as they have their house ready and it’s fully kitted out.
- Book a hairstylist and makeup artist at this stage: I would recommend having trials and see what suits you best in terms of colours for make-up and have your hair trials also because you know what style of dress you will be wearing at this stage and if you wish to have an up style or hair down, this is the time to plan this.
- Book your Wedding Car or mode of transport: vintage wedding car, horse and carriage or sports cars.
- Book your florist: now that you have chosen your bridesmaid dresses you can coordinate your colours with your flowers and discuss with your florist colours, styles and types of flowers you wish to have.
What to do 6 months before your wedding:
- Finalise your guest list at this point
- Order your Invitations now or if you have your wedding booked with us you can use your free e-vites on the Wedding Website Moposa. You should have your invitations printed and proofed at least 3 months before your wedding date.
- Have an RSVP date of at least 4 weeks before your wedding date, this gives you time to do your table plan. Post your invitations 8-10 weeks before your wedding.
- Start sampling wedding cakes
- Order your wedding rings – try on some different style to suit your engagement ring and try on grooms rings
- Choose your Grooms and groomsmen’s suits – have them ordered and measured
- Purchase your wedding day shoes and lingerie and buy the bridesmaids shoes
- Register for Wedding Certificate – without this you cannot get married!
- Sign up for your pre-marriage course and double-check any legality’s especially if you are getting married abroad.
- Choose your Ceremony music with your singer
- Order your Ceremony booklets and proof everything before going to print
- Start to plan your Hen & Stag Parties or get ideas of what you would both like to do.
- Meet with your hotel venue and discuss all your finer wedding details such as menu items, colours and organise your menu tasting.
And finally, if you have just got engaged and are super excited to tie the knot, it’s totally achievable to plan a wedding in less than a year, so why not call to see us on Sunday 15th October from 1-4pm for our Wedding Fair and start the planning