Including your pets in your wedding day
Every couple would love to have their pet with them on their wedding day but in an ideal world unfortunately, this isn’t always practical. Some venues allow pets be part of the wedding ceremony should it be outdoors or indoors and if this is not possible, there are ways to include your pet in your wedding day.
Some different ways to include your pet in your wedding would be; they could attend your wedding ceremony or reception which will depend on a few factors that you need to take into consideration, including the ceremony venue, wedding venue and of course your pet. Is your pet a dog, little rabbit, a cat or a horse? Obviously, there are some animals which would not be permitted to certain areas, so I would suggest you get photographs of your pet at home prior or after the ceremony.
If you are getting ready from home, it is a lovely idea to involve your pet in the photographs getting ready.
- Include your pet on your wedding invitations or your order of service, have a photograph or cartoon character of your pet.
- Include them in your stationary: save the date cards, on your menus, signage, napkins or name a cocktail after your pet.
- Have a pet themed décor at your venue for your table centre pieces, your table numbers or naming tables, candles or a pet themed photobooth
- Make a donation to a chosen charity for pets and lots of animal charities will print up cards for you and you can have on each table
- Animal cake toppers are another way to include your pets, lots of bakeries would customise your cake topper for you and make a tiny representation of your beloved pet.
- Decorate your wedding venue with photos of your pet at your drink’s reception
- Have your pet with you at your engagement shoot and I would definitely recommend putting a little outfit for you pet for the special occasion
- You can also get cardboard cut outs of your pet and include them in your special day. Some pets do not agree with large crowds or are too big and get excited, so a life size cut out made for your wedding day , this option allows you to include your pet in your wedding photographs (sort of !) you can buy those on Amazon or a local printer could also do it for you
- If you dog is a well-trained lad or lass you could dress him/her up in any of the cute dog outfits that are perfect for a big day celebration, now some dogs may not like to be dolled up but you could practice a few months prior so they get used to wearing outfits.
You could also choose your dog to wear a doggie sign to announce your arrival on the aisle or another one I love is an engraved sign that has “Dog of Honour” on it.
Tip of the week
If you are having your small pet attend your wedding ceremony, do take into consideration your décor, make sure its up high so your pet cannot get to them. Check also to see how your pet behaves around large numbers of guests prior to your wedding date and have someone take care of your pet afterwards or a kennel organised so they are well looked after. You can also try Petsitters Ireland or Housesitting Ireland for dog lodging services.
Trend of the week
This beautiful fishtail gown features a sexy sweetheart off the shoulder neckline and stylish elbow length sleeves. This gown features appliqued lace and custom beadwork onto tulle over a luxurious satin for a structured fit. A crystal embellished belt completes the look with a zip up back with covered buttons. Available from Belladonna Bridal , Galway.